Thursday, July 28, 2005

I know for certain everything aint right


Janette Beckman

My mind, ready to go, it's time/ I gotta gotta know, where I'm going in L-I-F-E/ A constant headache for Charlie B/ But I take an asprin and sleep/ For a bit, then I dream about making more hits/ Wake up, it's not funny / The rent is due and I don't got the money/ The landlord says "Get out"/ Sorry to hear that, no doubt/ I WORK for a jerk that can't understand/ Pride and soul cause I'm a man/ Minimum wage in the age of the future/ Move too slow, damn, it might shoot ya/ Make fools out of me and you/ I sit relax and just continue/ To (to) think (think) that there is/ Just too much on my mind

Where did July go? Anyone know? If you find it, well, I want it back. Damn! Ok ok, i'm going to pipe down; i'm all about keeping things positive today. Honest. Things are starting to get a lot colder, and i'm not just talking about the weather. So then, something positive. I don't think things get much more positive that The Leaders of the New School. NY, rappers MC Charlie Brown, MC Dinco D, MC Busta Rhymes, and Cut Monitor Milo dropped their now seminal album, A Future Without a Past for Elektra back in 1991. While certainly in the vain of their contemporaries (Souls of Mischief, Main Source, A Tribe Called Quest) these guys still struggle to get the recognition. That's not to underestimate their importance though. They were barely out of school when they dropped this album when back when. And while this record might not have the same charm as say, Zevlove and DJ Sub-Roc delivered with "Mr Hood," it's equally as lighthearted and optimistic. Crucially though, The Leaders of the New School are also not a afraid to get serious, and keep the skits to a bare minimum. Kanye West. Yeah, you: Take notes. Anyway, this album is crammed full of choice samples, jazz infused beats and 'who's who' host of guest MC's. Get on this NOW and stuff.

BLASTIN THAT MIC, COLD ROCKIN' THE SCENE! (Also, check out the James Bond sample)

Leaders of the New School - Sound Of The Zeekers @#^**?!.

[BUY THE ALBUM HERE]

Oh yeah, the weekend starts here:

Bullet Union (London)
Bullet Union have toured throughout Europe and the UK with the likes of the Blood Brothers and Q and not U…expect stripped down infectious rock n’ roll punk in the vein of Hot Snakes, Drive like Jehu and Rites of spring. http://www.bulletunion.co.uk.

This Aint Vegas (Sunderland)
Coming from the same thriving DIY Post-Punk scene of Sunderland which gave birth to The Futureheads, This ain’t Vegas add a darker spin on that post-punk style with a sound which draws immediate comparisons to Joy Division and Gang of Four. http://www.thisaintvegas.co.uk and mp3’s at http://www.myspace.com/thisaintvegas

Twinkie (Derby)
Lo-fi indie-rock which is full of hooks, think the cool of The Pixies, the spikiness of Fugazi and Huggy Bear with the guitars turned up to 11..

Friday July 29th @ Green's Mill Old School Hall, Sneinton, Nottingham
£4/5 on the door
8pm start
BYOB

It's not one of their promotions, but go to Damn You! if you want to read more.

20 Comments:

At 11:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bullet Union are great live...saw them in Oslo with the Blood Brothers a while back. Worth checking out definetly. - T

 
At 1:21 pm, Blogger TexasDude said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

If you have a chance, can you visit my how to play guitar site

It has all guitar related stuff.

Thanks

 
At 1:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog, I am bit new to this blog stuff but I really like it. I will definately be back. I have a
charm gold life sea that the horse lovers community just love. I should set a blog up on it that has to do with charm gold life sea

 
At 11:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site about bound and stripped

i been interested in bound and stripped for ages now and when i was searching for stuff to do with bound and stripped

i came across here your ranked high for bound and stripped

Check my site :) bound and stripped

 
At 4:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about dueling banjos banjo tab. You can check it out at dueling banjos banjo tab

 
At 11:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about parts to build cajun accordion
. You can check it out at parts to build cajun accordion


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

 
At 10:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

 
At 1:16 pm, Blogger WDM Info Services said...

Your Blog is Awesome, google blog is the easiest way to get your blog read by more people.

google blog has always been my thing

 
At 4:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

 
At 5:21 am, Blogger 性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.激情

 
At 5:35 am, Blogger 性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.裸体

 
At 10:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSS Announcer instantly and automatically submits your RSS feeds

 
At 2:05 am, Blogger WDM Info Services said...

I like your blog, I found it looking for music blog. Could you add it to my favourite blog directory please. It has lots of blogs relating to music blog

 
At 7:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!
!

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger Goodman441 said...

Hello and thank you for welcoming me to this adsense click blog. As a fellow webmaster i am always in need of good traffic. Please visit my site at: www.ickaboo.com when you have a chance.

 
At 8:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misspelled auction search engine. Great bargains to be found

Misspelledauctions.com


Great site -

 
At 4:31 am, Blogger Kim said...

Hey, I really like the quality of your blog. Very interesting indeed!

I own a article on scientific experiment
related site. It is mostly about article on scientific experiment
information.

Come to see us when you get time.

 
At 1:46 am, Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a website related togoogle adsense software. So make sure you visit and hope it's useful.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home