Monday, December 06, 2004

Your performance is wild



Must be quick, must be quick!

Jason and the Astronauts are the new (and original?) Disco punk rockers. Tumbridge Wells' finest do rock the hell out. So much so that their isn't much else I can say about this band really. I'll try though. They have a LP ("The Mourning After Math") out, but the label (Unlabel) don't have any more in stock. Then again, there weren't more than 200 to begin with - and I might just be plain wrong about the label not having any copies left. I've read a lot of good reviews concerning this band over the last couple of weeks, and I was not left disappointed after deciding to buy the label sampler, just so as to hear their ONE track - that's bad isn't it? Ah well, I know it's not good, but it's definitely got me itching the hear the album, which is of course, the whole idea of "samplers." Unlabel seems really good actually, and well 23 tracks (80 minutes of music) is always a good thing, right? Right.

They describe themselves as Disco tinged post punk freakout, with electro warblings and replete with shouting; but their also something ambitious and dare I say grandeur about their music - All this from a guy who has listened to ONE of their tracks. I'm sorry, it's just the vibe i'm getting. They certainly seem to be a band to look out for though, and they definitely stand out. That's if you can catch them live. They don't like playing on the stage apparently, so I don't know how it all works out, but they make the crowd dance! As apposed to just standing there with their hands in their pockets - Hey, we're all guilty of that, aren't we? The backlash (might) start here people. Well it would be pretty cool.

Jason and Astronauts - Passe Disco

Buy from Unlabel and scour the country for a copy of the new LP. I will be. YOU WILL LOVE THIS TRACK.



2 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, Blogger Loz said...

wow, that's really bloody good.

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger 20jazzfunkgreats said...

Ace track Pete, really like that screeching guitar so high on the mix. Will play on friday!
Thanks
JuanFunkGreats

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home