Friday, December 31, 2004

Milo says relax



Must Hurry! According to their – frankly amazing – website , Copter are: “Five men and one robot, needle-down rock & soul from outer space to your inner ear. They play with a fierce right side of the brain and are all about fire and soul. They don't understand why you are crying. They don't care why you are crying. They just want your sandwich.” Now, that’s not really a Manifesto, is it? The website is full of these quirky stories. So they came from out of space, and landed in Birmingham? Of course they did. Now, you’d think a band like Copter are going to sell themselves – this humour, and their own unique style make these songs work so well. They sound like a mutated amalgam of The Make-Up, Man or Astroman and Turbonegro (See, you’re already interested, aren’t you?) I mean, I heard those comparisons and I was immediately interested. Actually, forget that, I was excited. I’m still excited. Think fast punk rock with electronic noodlings and some heavy sampling and you’re almost there. Copter have their own theme tune (M.I.L.O’s Theme) and their own Comic strip! – You can download it if you have Adobe Acrobat. But more than that: This is garage rock, maybe not as we know it, but it's real – Just not human apparently.

They play the Liars Club on Thursday February 13th (With hopefully some more gigs coming up…?) Click here to view their website.

Copter - MILOs Theme

Copter - White Chocolate

6 Comments:

At 7:06 pm, Blogger Roy Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about dog breeding. It pretty much covers dog breeding related stuff.

 
At 10:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I just wanted to send a quick note to let you know I really enjoyed

 
At 1:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

site at: **SLOT CAR**

 
At 11:08 pm, Blogger Adult Personals said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

 
At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like dog supply you may very well like this site dog supply

 
At 6:24 pm, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
Sweetie, go and search my free plastic surgery blog for what you need.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home