Tuesday, November 30, 2004

We don't want any melodrama up in this bitch


"Our mission is to breakdown the paradigm
of corporate sponsored filth and the heterodoxy
of a misogynistic patriarchy imbedded into co-modified youth culture
Oh yeah, and to bend over some bitches."
DJ Tanner


I've been really been vibing off Sissorkick this week, and in particular the review for a band called The Changes (the track was called "The Machine"). I'm definately looking foward to their full length release. They sound like an neu wave indie band band, but only with a more jazz and punk funk edge. God knows what i'm talking about though - You'll probably be better off reading the article over at Sissorkick to be honest....Right, you know when you have some spare time and actually check out the links on a band website? Well, I did that today, listened to a few Explogasm tracks, and decided to write my thoughts on here. I know i'm probably not the first person to talk about this band on the blog network, but this entry had to be done.

The members of these disco divas, techno freaks and generally immoral human beings have alter egos like: Stevie Jacuzzi, MC 900ft. Penis, Juicy Jess, Captain Awesome, Abbey Abortion and LL Cool AIDS. Which is nice. No? Well it isn’t really important I suppose. Totally immature really, but that’s the point entirely. Their lyrics are immature, they sound outrageous, and they wear ridiculous outfits on stage. They are quite literally looking for a reaction, and they definitely achieve this through their music. They seem to go for that pop song, grab it, pummel it into submission, and totally change the song in the process. Oh yes, they're good, and they know it.

They're best friends with The Mae Shi, and even sing about the Moving Units in one track - God knows what that's about though. There is also about ten people in this band, and not even I can really see why there needs to be that many. Maybe they set the vibe? If so, that's ok, but it doesn't really sound like ten people. I mean, that's my only complaint; if you can call it that. They really do make the most sleazy and dirty noise in the world. Part electro, part synths, part hip hop and loads of random screaming and shouting. They're great. I don't really know that much about them though. They're on myspace and their website can be located here. So you know, tell them how great they are or something – it’s not like they really need the encouragement, but hey.

Explogasm - Soccer Mom Sex

7 Comments:

At 7:23 pm, Blogger PKD said...

This morning I woke up imbued with demiurgic power.

 
At 9:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to that Explogasm song and popped a mad boner. MOTHERFUCKER, they're on it.

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a airline southwest ticket
It deals mostly with airline southwest ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

 
At 2:43 am, Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a airline blue jet ticket
It deals mostly with airline blue jet ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger Rich Molumby said...

I have an Entr site/blog. It pretty much covers making large amounts of money on the web.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 4:28 am, Blogger Gordon said...

hello, your blog is interesting to read. I have a website about burn dvd. It recommend some powerful burn dvd software for copy movie. So make sure you visit.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home